In search of the perfect raw vegan lasagna, it took several recipes for me to piece together what I would like to call the perfect recipe! I use my Ninja as the food processor!
- 5 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
Save this step for last: Slice the zucchini and season with the above and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup soaked almonds
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 small handful of onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- ½ cup water as needed
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Process all together in a good blender until creamy. You will have to stop and push the cheese down the sides. It will be thick.
- 1 cup soaked Sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 small handful chopped onion
- 1 small sprig rosemary
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Process this in the same way as the cheese. This should be a little runnier.
- ½ Cup almonds, soaked 1 hour or more
- 1 Cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked 1 hour or more
- 1 Tbsp dark brown miso
- 2 Tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tsp dried sage
- 1 Tbsp liquid aminos
- ½ Tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like a kick)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tsp coconut nectar
Process in the food processor and set aside
- 6 Cups torn spinach
- 5 Tbsp dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tsp salt
Place all ingredients in a bowl to marinate and wilt for 1 hour or longer.
- 2 Ounces Fresh Organic Basil (approximately 45 leaves)
- 2 Ounces Raw Cashews (about ½ Cup)
- 2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Organic Garlic Cloves
- ¾ Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Water
- Freshly ground black pepper
Process in a blender or a food processor.
Directions for preparation:
- Line the base of the dish with a layer of the “noodles”, slightly overlapping them.
- On top of this layer, put a layer of the “meat”, then cheese, then spinach, then tomato sauce and finally the pesto.
- Finish this with another layer of slightly overlapping noodles
- Repeat step 2.
- Place the whole dish in the refrigerator for a few hours for it to firm slightly which makes it easier to cut and serve.
I also layered yellow tomatoes after the cheese and before the spinach, but this is optional.
Serve with your favorite garlic bread and even a salad! Use a balsamic vinegar and oil dressing!
If you like what you see here, please visit my blog at http://awholegreenlife.wordpress.com/ and visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Whole-Green-Life/370904092927222 for continuous information on living A Whole Green Life!